Monday, January 11, 2010

The Umhausen Update

Well, as promised, here is the update form the singe Canadian
contingent on the World Cup circuit. The night race in Umhausen was
trying to say the least. The weather decided to throw in an extra
element, so to speak, and gave us some of the thickest snow I've ever
seen to slide through for the race. The track's ice did not hold up
its defence against this snow and became extremely soft and dry. But
fear not those who believe Canadians struggle in such conditions, I
was determined not to let the elements ruin my weekend. Knowing that
all the athletes had to deal with the weather, I threw myself down the
track as fast as I could and was able to put together two decent runs
and firmly claim the top 15! Some other athletes were not so
fortunate and in the end, allowed me to actually move up in the
overall standings to 10th place. I am determined to hold on to this
overall standing and will defend it to the "death" in the next two
World Cup races. Continue to send along your fastest thoughts and
vibes. Any sort of ESP or Karma is worth a try.

Here are two videos taken of me during the race. I hope you enjoy.

Stay fast,

Kaj





1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Kaj. From the results your times show a differential improvement on the leaders compared to the races in Russia! Drive safe - drive fast!

    ReplyDelete