Sunday, December 19, 2010

Pigneter and Lavrentjeva win first singles races

Second World Cup competition, second victory. Patrick Pigneter (ITA) also won the men's singles race, was leader after the first run and made the second a "safety run". His first comment: "I am really surprised that it worked so well for me. In the first run I still made some mistakes and the training runs also weren't perfect. It seems as if I can grow a lot in the race." Despite the mistakes Pigneter was the fastest in the first run – the second one was "just a 'safety run'. I often lost a race because I risked too much. That's why I became more cautious." Pigneter already celebrated his third victory in Novouralsk and continued his successes at the end of last season (victories in Latzfons and Garmisch). Second behind Pigneter: Robert Batkowski (AUT) who hadn't been on the podium since January 2009 (third in Umhausen). He finished on the podium for the 16th time. Third athlete on the podium: Michael Scheikl (AUT) who was very happy about his top-3-result after a bad season. "I am very satisfied because last year it was very difficult for me. Tomorrow I would like to repeat today's good result or grow a little bit."

 

In the women's single also the odds-on favorite became first: Ekatharina Lavrentjeva (RUS) won – like last year – the first World Cup competition of the season in her homeland. Lavrentjeva was very happy after the race. "That was a good start into the season for me and I am delighted about it. The first race is very important for me. The people at the track encouraged me." She was the fastest in both runs and won easily. Second and third place: Melanie Batkowski (AUT) and Renate Gietl (ITA). Melanie Batkowski became second in Novouralsk – already for the third time. And the other two competitions were won by the Austrian athlete. Her plans for tomorrow's second World Cup competition: "This year we started exactly the same way as last year – Ekatharina won and I finished second and then, in the second race, it was just the other way round. And this might happen again this year … Today my second run was quite okay and that's a good feeling for tomorrow", Batkowski was already looking forward to the revenge. Third place: for the fifth time in the fifth race in Novouralsk: Renate Gietl. "It seems as if the third place was dedicated for me but I am not satisfied. It is very difficult to win the overall World Cup if you become "only" third here in Russia. Melanie and Ekatharina are too constant", Gietl said after the race. "The flat track is not one of my favorites but I am happy about my finish times because I could close the gap between the two girls and me."

 

On Sunday, the second World Cup races – Doubles, singles Women and Men – will take place.

Best wishes,

Edith Steinkellner

 

 

Mag. (FH) Edith Steinkellner

Medien- und Kommunikationsberaterin

mensch & marke

Kommunikation, die bewusst macht.

 

BÜRO WIEN: Kuefsteingasse 17-19, 2. OG, 1140 Wien

M: +43 664 246 90 81

F: +43 1 786 59 64

No comments:

Post a Comment