Sunday, December 19, 2010

20th World Cup victory for Patrick Pigneter

With his 20th World Cup victory Patrick Pigneter (ITA) tied Anton Blasbichler's (ITA) record – also 20 victories in World Cup. The Italian Pigneter was fastest in the second  run and could gain two ranks and won (anniversary victory). Pigneter: "In the first run a made a mistake and I crashed into the boards – in my 'favorite' curve … Today I wasn't the one to be chased. An exceptional situation."  The Italian managed it very well. „I couldn't believe that this was enough but: I am happy …" Concerning his anniversary victory Pigneter answered relaxed, „I don't know how often I have already won. That's not that important."

 

Second, like yesterday: Rober Batkowski (AUT). The Austrian was very happy about his second places. "Of course I am very satisfied with the season's kick-off in Novouralsk. Last year it wasn't easy for me and therefore I am delighted to go back to Austria with 170 points in overall World Cup. 16 hundredths behind: Gernot Schwab (AUT), leader after the first competition run. Schwab: "The first run was very good. It's good to know that I can still be that fast. I changed my material a little bit and it worked quite well. The second run wasn't that good. Annoying, but I am happy that I am still on the podium."

 

Perfect kick-off for Ekatharina Lavrentjeva

Ekatharina Lavrentjeva (RUS) also won the second World Cup race in Novouralsk. In her homeland she had two good runs "but they weren't perfect", she said. "I am not yet in a good shape but on flat tracks it doesn't really matter. In Europe the tracks are faster and therefore I have to train a lot. But now I am very happy."

"Only" second in the second race: Melanie Batkowski (AUT). "The race was fine today. Both runs were not perfect but the finish times were still pleasant." Third place – It couldn't be different in Novouralsk – Renate Gietl (ITA). "I don't really care. Sixth race and sixth time rank 3. I don't like the track so much and a third place is okay. And also my finish times were quite good", the Italian said.

 

Home victory for Porshnev/Lazarev in the second Doubles World Cup

The Russian duo Pavel Porshnev and Ivan Lazarev celebrated – after rank 2 in the first World Cup – a victory in the second competition and repeated their results from last year – In 2009 they also became second and first in the Doubles. "We are very happy, it is great to win here in Russia", they said smiling.

 

Second behind the Russian duo: Patrick Pigneter and Florian Clara (ITA). After the victory in the first World Cup competition they only became second. "We made mistakes in both runs but we take 185 points for the overall World Cup with us. And that's great", Clara said. Third place: the second Russian duo Aleksandr Egorov and Petr Popov.

 

 

World Cup 2010/11 will be continued with the competitions in Gsies (ITA) from January 14th - 16th, 2011.

 

Best wishes,

Edith Steinkellner


Mag. (FH) Edith Steinkellner

Medien- und Kommunikationsberaterin

 

mensch & marke

Kommunikation, die bewusst macht.

 

BÜRO WIEN: Kuefsteingasse 17-19, 2. OG, 1140 Wien

M: +43 664 246 90 81

F: +43 1 786 59 64

No comments:

Post a Comment