Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Greetings From Italy!

Hey all you lugenews readers out there!  I've just arrived in Olang for the Christmas break.  Russia was pretty wild.  Temperatures dropped to -40C a couple times which made sliding pretty chilly.  But I hear that it was actually Alberta which was the coldest place on the planet a week or so ago.  That's crazy.  But I bet none of you were hanging out in spandex though, so I've got you beat there!

In case you haven't heard, I placed tenth in both races in Russia!  I was totally pumped about the results.  This marks the first time in Natural Luge history Canada has made it into the top ten!  Hurrah!  The races were pretty intense, especially the second one.  I had to have a really good second run in order to repeat the previous day's results.  Thankfully everything came together for that run and I did.  Hopefully, the momentum will hold and the rest of the season will be as good.  I'll be giving it my all.

Attached is a photo Pilz took of me on my final run of the race.  It's a little blurry, but that's only because I was going 7th place fast! Ha ha!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.  I'll update again after the World Cup in Umhausen.

Cheers,

Kaj

No comments:

Post a Comment